QuickBooks financial accounting software comes with a revolutionary change in the world of small businesses of sectors and sizes. By implementing this smart accounting solution to your business you can be free from all the bickering accounting tasks. This software is used to simplify the accounting work of your business process. It brings in reliability and accuracy by managing accounts and also uses minimal time. It is a accounting software which is used in the small and medium-sized business for better performance. It also provides Payroll Support to help users in migrating all the payroll and tax data to cloud servers.
It helps in situations when a business owner needs to migrate the whole data into a new computer and you have been sure that the entire data migration is successfully done. For that, there are few steps involved in this migration process that will help you to migrate your QB financial data smoothly to a new computer system and helps prevent any data loss.
Data Migration Steps to a New System
There are few simple steps in Data migration process which will help to move all the confidential data to the new computer system without any data loss.
- Double click on QB program to launch it
- Click “File” in the top menu bar of the screen
- Select “Save Copy or Backup” from the drop-down menu. A dialog window will appear on the screen
- Click “Backup Copy” in the dialog window and press the “Next” button
- Click “Local Backup” and click “Next”
- Press the radio button next to “Save Now” and click “Next”
- Select the folder or location on your computer hard drive to save the file and press the “Save” button
- The software will now initiate the automated backup process and export all of your data into a single backup file. You will have to wait for the backup process to complete before closing the application. Sometimes it may take little time as it depends upon the speed of your computer processor. Convert the backup file to a blank CD or drag a copy to a USB flash drive. Email it to yourself as an attachment. Transfer the backup file to your new computer system by USB flash drive, or downloading it from the email that you sent to yourself.
- You need to launch the program on your new computer system. Click “File” in the top menu of the screen and select “Open or Restore Company” from the drop-down menu. A backup dialog window will appear. Click “Restore a Backup Copy” and click “Next” Click the radio button next to “Local Backup” and click “Next” In the proceeding window, locate the backup file that you transferred
- Finally, click on “Open” QuickBooks will then import all of your old data and transfer your old information to your new system. And you can start on your work in your new system without any problems. That’s how QB helps you to migrate your crucial data from your old system to new system.
By following these steps and get data transferred in a few minutes. This migration feature has been very productive to the business as well as users.
Data Migration Extension for Financials
By Implementing the Data Migration Extension simplifies to migrate customers, vendors, items,
and accounts from QuickBooks to Financials. It will help your organization to export the relevant data
and then open an assisted setup guide to uploading the data to Financials.
Earlier it’s likely you have exported some or your entire existing vendors, inventory items, customers, and accounts to an Intuit Interchange Format (IIF) file. The Data Migration extension comprises of default mapping of QuickBooks data to ensure that you can use your existing data to try your new Financials Company. This default mapping will soon be sufficient in a large proportion of cases, but you are able to change the mapping in the assisted setup guide. In QB, the File menu involves a power to export lists. For the Financials purposes, you are able to export these lists: Vendor List, Customer List, Account List, and Item List. Then exported data is finally saved being an IIF file which then you’re able to upload to Financials.
For your entire technical and functional query, you can contact us. It is a reliable QB Consulting company providing quick and quality QB Migration services. We heir Intuit certified professionals, who with their extensive experience will suggest the right guidance that can be your route to business success. For Data Migration support contact QuickBooks Support Phone number or contact us at +1-855-999-1904.